- Best Christian Fiction Mahogany Award 2003
- Red Rose Award for Excellence in Christian Fiction 2004
- Nominated for the NAACP Image Award (Christian Fiction) 2004
- Essence Bestseller’s List March 2008; May 2008 (Former Rain)
- Essence Bestseller’s List September 2008 (Rain Storm)
- Black Expressions Book Club Alternate Selection 2007, 2008 & 2009.
Renee Thomas can’t trust herself to pick a good man. Putting her life back together after being in an abusive relationship, she finds a job. Her new job isn’t exciting, but it nets one major positive: she reconnects with an old flame, but like a moth to a flame, her abuser also tries to reconnect with disastrous results, not only for her, but everyone she loves.
Jay Morris can't afford any distractions. He's staking his entire career on an IPO that must go off without any glitches...but he can't stop thinking about Renee and the fear he saw in her eyes. He’d give up everything in order to protect her... he’d walk through fire for the chance to love her.